Saturday, April 17, 2010

Would I fit in at Miami of Ohio?

I am a senior from San Diego, CA and I have been accepted to Miami of Ohio. I have talked my friend whose sister goes there and he said that everyone there is very preppy and wears polos and pop their collars. Is this true? Living in San Diego I really never gets to see what seasons are so I am looking forward to going east coast/midwest for college, but will a surfer from southern california fit in at Miami Ohio?

Would I fit in at Miami of Ohio?
I went to Miami, but I am from Ohio. It is a great school for the money and a good academic reputation especially if you want to major in business. Many of the companies that recruit primarily at the Ivy league schools also recruit out of Miami not to mention every major consulting/accounting firm.





With that said, Miami was also known as J-Crew U when I went there 10 years ago. Yeah, you have a ton of rich kids from Chicago and the Detroit suburbs, but it is much more diverse than you would think. How can you stereo type 12-15,000 people anyway? The women are beautiful and the campus is very safe (no matter how drunk you get). I would listen to your friend's sister if what she is telling you appeals to you. People that go Miami either love it or hate it. If academics are important and you can't get into an Ivy league school or afford a semi Ivy, Miami is a great choice.
Reply:you better have a sweet scholarship to give up san diego for ohio.





there's a reason people move here (i also live in SD) from everywhere else.





that being said, i went to school in north carolina and dealt with the same kind of people and seasons, it sucks.

dental jobs

No comments:

Post a Comment