Saturday, April 17, 2010

What do you think of this prose? (just a snippet from a chapter)?

We had to drive around the same block five times looking for a parking spot until a Jeep full of boorishly drunk girls finally left us an opening. The streets were full of young adults running from party to party, ladies scantily clad and gentlemen in Armani button-ups with the collars popped. The cold weather had no effect on the Friday night activities in the college-housing section of downtown Albany. They came out from SUNY, from St. Rose, from Siena, from Sage, and they came in packs of five, six, seven, and eight-- full rows of clogs or pointed heels or Ugg boots and a marching parade of musk cologne and hair gel. It was brutally cold, probably near zero, with a gnarley wind chill factor that had me cursing and swearing all the way up to the front steps. I didn't even have the wherewithal to look up and scope the place out; I simply found myself on the porch with a tall, meathead-looking fellow in my face, demanding five dollars. I obliged and followed Coburn into the melee.

What do you think of this prose? (just a snippet from a chapter)?
Hipster in pacing. I like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment